Monday, April 28, 2014

The Final Kickstarter Reward

...and only six months late! Well, it was for my nephew, and he knew about my medical problems and how I was a little delayed on everything. And then I had to get sculptures ready for shows. But it's all done, and now all I have to do is specimen boxes of cast glass. I was supposed to 30, and I ended up with 10.

Anyway, here's the reward from start to finish. The cast glass and bronze waxes:








The bronzes in their raw state:

The cast glass piece:

The finished bronzes:

And an impromptu presentation of the reward. The wood shelf I slapped together from scraps:

5 comments:

  1. O Man, these are gorgeous. Is that a touch of green on the tentacles? They're beyond beautiful, mysterious, thought-provoking. I'm so glad you put your work on teh web, so I can gape at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! yes, both the bronze and the glass have a little green in them - unintentionally. The bronze from flame scorching to speed up oxidation, and the glass just the background black bleeding through the yellow powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what are these? I'm intrigued

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd guess you would call them biomechanical forms. I think of them as fossils of mechanical creatures from the future that shouldn't be here.

      Delete