Wednesday, January 13, 2021

We are the Antimatter Universe

One of the disadvantages of no wifi is I'm about 6-9 months behind everyone else. One of the advantages is I am 6-9 behind everyone else.

(I have wifi, I have a phone hotspot, but that's it).

Item: I bought the Oculus Rift-S and love it. But then I heard a rumor that you would have to log online through Facebook to use it in your own home and I said out. No more contacts for this computer. It's possible that Facebook is fucking with me through the thumb drive, but otherwise cut off from the web and they miss us, aw, sweet.

In fact I've frozen most of my workflow to where I like it. No more updates unless it broken.



Anyways, so through my library I got The Irishman by Martin Scorcese and also Westworld.Season 3.

Now, most folks know that the original Westworld movie was about an future amusement park where the robots run amok and slaughter all the guests. The chilling line was something like "they've been designing their programs in ways we don't understand". 

Yul Brynner was The Man In Black and his bunnies were James Brolin and a surprisingly surviving Richard Benjamin. God Bless America's Jews. They gave us TV sitcoms and the Bomb.

Anyway, I could google it but I'm gonna assume that the HBO reimagining addressed the reason the robots slaughter the humans. The robots are people. They're not human people, anymore than a smart octopus would be a human people.

Robot people think like rocket ships compared to us birds. They are rocket ships built by birds. 

It's a Greek tragedy or a Norse comedy take your pick.

Point being I'm gonna spoil it for you. We're not all robots but we are used like them.

And that also is the message of the Irishman. You do what you're told, we got no problems.

Point being follow your loop or get pulled from the Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment