Thursday, March 6, 2014

2014 Texas National

Holy shit, I got in. I got ALL THREE of my submissions in. One thousand entries, 73 made the cut.

"The Smokermakers"
"Theory and Practice"
"Sensoria"
When I got the news, I was equal parts excited and anxious. The Texas National is some big shit. I paced around like caged zoo animal for awhile, and then finally calmed down some. So, I got decisions to make. The opening reception is April 12th. Down in Nacogdoches, which it turns out I've been mispronouncing. Seeing as I am from Chicago, I pronounce it NAG-uh-DOCH-us, which isn't right.

Anyway, I have to decide if I 'm going to adventure. It's an adventure I really can't afford. I'll barely to afford the shipping costs for the pieces! And I got to get the pieces on or before March 29th, so I can't really blow things off the way I normally do. 

But, for now, I just gotta let it all sink in. And maybe eat something.

10 comments:

  1. Outstanding! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations., I live in Texas and I've never heard of the Texas National. That's OK. I have two deadlines for submissions coming up this month. So what happened to the push me pull you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well. Someone who didn't get told me it was big shit. Not exactly Art Basel, but... better to be in a show than no shows I guess. The push'npull guys I submitted to the Rockford Art Museum Biennial. I'll find out on March 14th.

      Delete
    2. lol, you'll get that one too!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work John, congratulations, they're great pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful news! I LOVE the pieces, they have so much flavor and personality and wit. Plus they're beautiful. I'm so happy for you, I hope you're able to go so you can bask in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I don't think I have the funds for another adventure. They need two-way shipping fees for all the pieces, doubt I can swing a two-way shipping fee for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you should go, life is short and brutal. Heck, I got $50 on it.

    ReplyDelete