Monday, April 26, 2010

Subconjunctival Hemorrhage


I got a red eye. I woke up with it Friday morning. I was grinding metal Thursday night. I thought that might be it. Even though I was wearing a face shield, sometimes those little metal particles can perform an uncanny ricochet and get in my eye. I went to the off-hour clinic, and they couldn't find any foreign objects. So, I just got a burst capillary. It happens. Checked my blood pressure, and they said I was normal, so that's that. I'm to return if things change, but there is no pain, and it seems to be receding. So no biggie. I forgot to take a picture of it when it first occurred. It was pretty dramatic. Half my eye was blood red. Now, there's just a dot.

It would be nice to be able to make my sclera go blood red on demand. 

"What did I ask you to do?" (Eyes turning red)."DO IT NOW!" 
("Whoa! Okay! Okay!")

I'm sure I'd get obeyed a lot more often. At least until the novelty wore off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment