Thursday, January 23, 2014

Almost Done with "The Stockmen"

And what a headache I have. I know what it's from, it's from forcing myself to get this shit done and out out of the way. I feel like I'm about two miles below sea level, but now I'm depressurizing and the good thing is I have all next week to tinker and fix and fudge and get the pictures right.

I've got surface work to do. Not a problem. I changed the structure some. Originally, the pulling guy was to the side, and that looked crowded and energy stifled. So, I moved pulling guy out to be opposite pushing guy, and I think the flow of the narrative is better. They actually look like they are manhandling this stubborn robot beast.

From a practical standpoint, pulling guy would have been welded to the lazy bee/cow body with just a thin tentacle of metal holding together the heavy (20lb) pulling guy, and the the heavy (10 lb) body. That rod of bronze would have bent or broken. So, I decided not to weld the tentacle cap to the rest of the body.

There is a slight gap, but I seem to be the only one that notices. In any case, I'm glad and sad it's done, or will be done. I guess I better make more.