Thursday, September 2, 2010

Love in the Electronic Age

It just gets weirder and weirder. One of my student aides broke up with her boyfriend completely through texting. I'm surprised the whole relationship wasn't over Facebook. Hey, no chance of diseases, unless you count a computer virus as such.

And now this weirdness.  "Resort attracts Japanese men with Virtual Girlfriends". Virtual? What the fuck? I mean, do I really even need to spend a paragraph or two making fun of them? I thought not.

And naturally they are Japanese. I've heard of the pathetic Japanese guy who has a Real Doll for a girlfriend. That's just super creepy. I mean, what is it with the Japanese anyway? It's not like they don't have a lot of fine-looking women. They do. So, what, what is going on? Why this supreme weirdness?

I need an explanation.

3 comments:

  1. Do you have any Japanese students you can ask???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    No, I don't. I haven't really considered how I could present the question without embarrassing them.

    ReplyDelete