Monday, September 27, 2010

Just In Case You Weren't Convinced I'm Not Evil...

...keep in mind I laughed out loud when I saw today's headline:

"Segway Owner Dies After Falling Off River Cliff"

Not only did I laugh out loud, I had a hard time stopping. Must have been the visual image.

No. NO! I agree with you. It's tragic.

And once I read the news report, I felt it was tragic. Poor guy. Worked his way up in the world. Self-made millionaire. Recently purchased the Segway company, and given how many fat cops and security guards I've seen on them, given that 75% of Americans are projected to be obese by 2020, I'd say it was a wise investment on his part.

But you got to admit, people do look goofy on them. And there is something spookily comical about people standing up motionless and zipping along on the things. All the more comical if a rider fell off a cliff, rather Monty Pythonesque, if you will.

So there you go.

2 comments: