Thursday, September 17, 2026

Happy Endings

I went to a lot of movies this past month. Supergirl, Spiderman Brand New Day, the Odyssey, End of Oak Street, other stuff.

I found the End of Oak Street, which is about a 1982 neighborhood transported back in time to the Jurassic Age, to be very unrealistic. Oh, not because of the wormhole explanation, or the fact that the neighborhood looked more like Mill Valley CA instead of some affluent suburb of Detroit, but because the hapless people were so poorly armed. This is 1982, the peak of gun ownership in the USA, or nearly so. 53% of all households had guns. I saw lots of people armed with garage implements and kitchen utensils. With all the guns and ammo back then, even if it were concentrated more in some houses than others, it should have been a dino slaughter. Sadly, this did not fit in with the plot. And honestly, given how you aren't supposed to meddle with the past, maybe something might have changed in the present, so better almost everyone dies.

It was still a fun movie, and the wormhole phenomenon may open up a series or sequel. I especially enjoyed seeing Ewan McGregors' character knocking out an allosaurus with a sledge hammer. That was fun. The happy ending was fine, a salute to Back To The Future.

I also enjoyed the other movies, although I wish they would bring back intermission for these extra long film times.


Other things. Playing around with the 3 D print of critters and critter molds I ended up making squishies, which were silicone rubber copies of critters from the molds. I took one in to the ceramics class and now I have ten orders to make more. Figure I'll charge $10


Other things. My elementary school had a cafeteria that served hot lunches. Mrs. Zulich and Miss Bicknell were the cook/servers.  Most of the food was premade in big gallon cans, but the cooks added spices and butter and the meals were quite good. The milk came from a local dairy and was always ice cold. There were about 150 kids, and 15 teachers and staff, so they were whipping out almost 200 servings a day. When you went to empty your tray, an adult would send you back if you had not finished the entire thing. I always enjoyed spaghetti and meatball day, beef and noodles, and fish sticks and tator tots on Friday. There were always two servings of vegetables along with the entree.

There were times they served things I didn't like, so I wouldn't eat. Whenever I'd get to school and the whole place smelled of sauerkraut, I would head out to the playground until lunch and lunch recess was over. Liver and onions was another yuck thing.

Speaking of sauerkraut, that's big in the MAHA menu thanks to RFK jr's crazy diet doctor, Sean O'Mara. The weird part of this guy's story is he related how he could, at a banquet, move behind a white sheet and take a shit and no one would be the wiser. Who does this guy think he is, Louis the 14th?

Why this particular scenario? A banquet, mixing poop and food,  honestly ain't that far apart, but still... 
pooping at a banquet, behind a white sheet. So he has assistants, if the white sheet weren't pre placed. Attendants to provide TP. So, yeah I guess the doc thinks he's Louis the 14th.

In fact, they ALL think they are Louis the 14th. Wow.

You know, when the rancid orange butthole won in 2024, I did a lot of prep work. I doubled the payments to the Chicago Food Depository, and then immediately went to my mechanic and said, find everything wrong with this car and fix it. He nodded knowingly that Trump tax in tariffs were going to ream everyone. I ended up spending $5600 and it was worth it. 

Little did I know that inflation would be compounded with an oil squeeze, so it could be back to the '70s, rationing. Or no fuel at all. Those two big storms that knocked out power gave me a look at life without electricity or shipping it is actual collapse.

Sure feels like deliberate sabotage, a revenge tour because some round orange baby got their tiny little feelings hurt. But it's all the evil powerful men behind that baby they are pushing. Because austerity in tough times breeds fascism.

And on top of all that, AI is now going to kill us. Well, I'm not too worried about that. Given the present state of robot automation in all sectors of the economy, AI still needs humans to provide materials and power. I doubt they'd be stupid to kill us, but enslave us, sure. And so far the only AI slaves I see are CEOs pushing the stuff. 

But what they hey, let's say AI kills us all, one way or another.

"Ooops", says AI, as the data centers lose power, new chips are not delivered. Nature bounces back.

Happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment