Saturday, August 1, 2026

Puppy Sitting

I foolishly agreed to babysit bro Chris' dogs while they were gone for the week.


Monday evening, a big storm came through and power went out. Power came back on Wednesday afternoon. Big straight line winds with trees knocked down everywhere. Most of the east part of town had no power. Most of the neighbor's houses had generators. Chris does not have a generator. I told him to get one.

For me it was a camp out, indoors. I'd charge my phone by driving around to get food. Fortunately I did not buy much in the way of groceries, because I had to toss their fridge contents out.

Still a weird and not so fun week. The dogs were fine, a bit needy. I know I was mean old uncle john who wouldn't let them do anything. But I pampered them with treats.

That storm. It was predicted to be a whopper and did not disappoint. EF0 and EF1 tornadoes in Chicago's south suburbs and straight line winds in the 70-80s when I watched on the porch. Illinois has had 250 tornados this year. Tornado Alley has moved east, and infrastructure in the new allley is not up to the task. 

There must be an American tradition that if Mother Nature puts on a show, some got to go out there to watch it. I am one of those fools.

Keep in mind, the United States of America has the worst weather in the world. The worst, not some of the worst, but THE WORST. That makes me kind of proud

Oh, one highlight. I took a cruise up to Michigan to score some weed. Much better quality than Illinois weed and a third cheaper. The border between Indiana and Michigan is riddled with dispensaries. I went to one in New Buffalo. I got an Oz., and a goodie bag as a first time customer.

King Of Budz

Anyway, if my brother asks me to puppy sit again, I will say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment