Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Banh Mi Long Time

Yesterday was an urban adventure, jury duty at the Daly Center in downtown Chicago. I won't go into the details of the trial, suffice to say it was a medical malpractice deal that I would title "The Case of the Missing Testicle".

The highlight of the day was lunch! Food trucks are parked in the plaza of the Daly Center. There was a pizza truck, hot tamale truck, hot dog and burger truck, grilled cheese sandwich (the current food fad) truck, but the longest line was in front of the Chicago Lunch Box truck.

Westernized Thai and Vietnamese food, and it all looked good, but I opted for the Banh Mi Long Time sandwich, which is a "sweet filipino longanisa sausage, fried egg" served on french bread. A breakfast sandwich, and I have to tell you, it would be my new breakfast sandwich, if I could get it on a regular basis.

Oh, and the spring rolls were quite good. I will not pass up a spring roll if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment